Are you seeking a rental home in Las Vegas, but not able to find what you're looking for? While many Realtors may choose NOT to assist with rental searches, the team at Vegas Dream Homes is HAPPY to assist you in finding the perfect rental home that meets your needs.
Depending on what you are looking for in your next rental home, your search can be as challenging, if not more challenging, than searching for a resale home to purchase. Here are some things to think about when deciding to rent:
1. Do you have pets? Even when the landlord says pets are okay, they will most likely choose the applicant without pets if there are multiple applicants. If you have pets, be prepared to place an additional deposit in the amount ranging from $200-$500 (often times the deposit is per pet), and expect that the landlord will want to see a photo of your pets during the application process.
2. Flexible on your move-in date? The typical window in which a landlord will hold a rental home for an applicant is 2 weeks. Submitting an application 30 days from the lease start date will often result in an application hold or denial until you are 2 weeks from the start date. It doesn't hurt to start looking 30 days out, but if you find one you really like you better be prepared to accept an earlier start date, or lose the opportunity to another applicant who can move in sooner.
3. How motivated are you? Rental homes that are in great condition, or have a pool, often receive multiple applicants within the first 24-48 hours because they are not as available as your typical rental home with standard features. If you really want the best of what's available, be prepared to drop what you're doing when the right house becomes available so we can tour the home and submit your application that SAME DAY! It may sound aggressive, and it may not be this way in other markets, but we get our clients what they want because we know how to get it for you. Be ready!
4. Do you have enough saved for deposits? Aside from having your 1st month rent and 1 month rent for a security deposit, it is fairly common that a landlord will request separate deposits for cleaning, keys and/or pets. Each of these deposits can range from $50 (for keys) to $500 (for cleaning or pets) and is required at the time of application acceptance. If you aren't sure how much you will need, contact us today to discuss your particular situation so we can best guide you.
5. Using an agent may seem like overkill when you can simply find a rental home on websites like craigslist, or through word of mouth. Unfortunately, many tenants don't see the value in using a Realtor until an issue arises with the rental home. When using a Realtor, you are entering into a legally binding contract that protects you in situations where repairs are needed or lease terms are not being honored. Something to keep in mind is, YOU AS THE TENANT DO NOT PAY FOR A REALTOR'S SERVICE. That's right... we work for you but the landlord chooses if and how much to pay a Realtor for helping them find a tenant. So what do you have to lose?
If you would like us to set up a search in MLS for you, don't hesitate to call us at 702.499.1915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.